- SPI200 futures closed down 15 pts to 5342
- SP500 futures closed down 5.75 pts to 2161.50
- FTSE100 futures closed down 113 pts to 6713.50
- DAX30 futures closed up 28 pts to 10657
- GOLD finished down $42.10 to $1224.30 an ounce
- OIL finished down $1.25 to $43.41 a barrel
- CRB Index finished down 2.61 pts to 181.76
- AUDUSD trading at 0.7545
The US markets ended a strong week on a soft note with the SP500 closing slightly lower and the DOW slightly higher while Europe was mixed. The US rallied after the elections as investors had to re-position themselves to the expected pro-growth policies of a Trump administration. The SP500 eased off in Fridays session on the back off light profit taking after a huge move following the election especially in financials that gained 11.3%. European shares were generally lower as commodities stocks fell along with metal and oil prices on concern that US President Donald Trump will introduce protectionist trade policies. The USD was stronger against a basket of currencies with Gold down over 3%.
Economic data out today (Syd Time) – CNY Industrial Production and Retail Sales 1pm, EUR Industrial Production 9pm, EUR ECB President Draghi Speaks 2am.
ASX Intraday Levels to Watch