MARKET SNAPSHOT –
- SPI200 futures closed up 6 pts to 5817
- SP500 futures closed down 2.25 pts to 2388.75
- FTSE100 futures closed up 41 pts to 7392
- DAX30 futures closed up 57.50 pts to 12765.50
- GOLD finished up $3.50 to $1227.70 an ounce
- COPPER futures finished up $1.60 to $252.40 a pound
- OIL futures finished up $0.01 to $47.84 a barrel
- CRB Index finished up 1.27 pts to 183.29
- AUDUSD trading at 0.7387
- EURUSD trading at 1.0931
- GBPUSD trading at 1.2890
- USDJPY trading at 113.3800
Major Indexes in the US finished Fridays session with modest losses with the SP500 closing out the week down 0.4%. US Treasuries finished higher on Friday as Retail Sales and CPI data came in less than expected leaving traders with the view that the US Fed does not need to raise rates as aggressively as previously expected. The Financial Sector did not take the numbers too well as they finished at the bottom of the sector board for the day. Europe had a strong session to close out the week with gains.
The USD was lower at the end of the day as the lower than expected inflationary figures took their toll. The Pound closed with slight gains with EURO having a good session and pushing higher.
Oil spent most of the session trading in the red as traders booked gains after a solid week thanks to talk of production cuts being extended by OPEC and Non-OPEC countries. Gold closed out the day with gains mainly due to technical buying and a weak USD.
The ASX200 is expected to open 5/10 points higher to start the week and try to gain back ground from last weeks poor performance.
ECONOMIC DATA OUT TODAY (AEDT) –
JPY PPI Data 9:50am
AUD Home Loans 11:30am
CNY Industrial Production, Retail Sales and Fixed Asset Investment 12pm
USD Empire State Manufacturing Index 10:30pm
ASX200 INTRADAY LEVELS TO WATCH –