- SPI200 futures closed up 28 pts to 5352
- SP500 futures closed up 18.25 pts to 2178.75
- FTSE100 futures closed up 35 pts to 6783
- DAX30 futures closed up 55.50 pts to 10757
- GOLD finished up $6.10 to $1227.80 an ounce
- OIL finished up $2.36 to $45.68 a barrel
- CRB Index finished up 2.84 pts to 184.12
- AUDUSD trading at 0.7559
Strong close to the US market to finish higher as investors continued to re-position and push the market up. The same trends continued in the US with traders expecting increased fiscal spending to drive up inflation expectations. Retail sales in the US rose more than expected pointing to sustained economic strength. The USD continues to an 11 month high while Crude Oil bounced and closed up over 5.5% ahead of Inventory data tonight and hopes of OPEC output deal. ASX shares are set to open higher after a strong lead from the US.
Economic data out today (Syd Time) – AUD Wage Price Index 11:30am, GBP Average Earnings Index and Unemployment Rate 8:30pm, USD PPI data 12:30am, USD Crude Oil Inventories 2:30am.
ASX Intraday Levels to Watch