MARKET SNAPSHOT –
- SPI200 futures closed down (13/4/17) 15 pts to 5852
- SP500 futures closed up 17.50 pts to 2345
- FTSE100 futures closed flat (13/4/17) to 7262.50
- DAX30 futures closed down (13/4/17) 57.50 pts to 12129.00
- GOLD finished up $3.40 to $1291.90 an ounce
- COPPER futures finished up $2.55 to $259.60 a pound
- OIL futures finished down $0.53 to $52.65 a barrel
- CRB Index finished down 0.36 pts to 188.93
- AUDUSD trading at 0.7590
- EURUSD trading at 1.0644
- GBPUSD trading at 1.2565
- USDJPY trading at 108.9500
The US was open for trading overnight after the Easter break and opened the week with a nice bounce back as traders returned in a buying frame of mind. Although geopolitical uncertainty continues to loom, traders were buoyed by no changes over the extended break ahead of US earnings reporting. Europe continues to underperform as uncertainty around French presidential elections put pressure on the market.
The USD was weaker in Thursdays trading and erases further losses in the overnight session as it continues is move south. The GBP, EURO and AUD all gained on the back of the USD weakness.
Oil was lower in overnight trading with the move attributed to profit taking after a three week rally. Prices continue to hold above the $50 a barrel mark as traders look to a potential extension of the production output caps from OPEC. Gold was higher after moving up going into the Easter break and finding support from a weaker USD.
The ASX200 is expected to open stronger up 20 pts after the US stages a rebound to start the trading week.
ECONOMIC DATA OUT TODAY (AEDT) –
AUD Monetary Policy Meeting Minutes 11:30am
USD Building Permits and Housing Starts 10:30pm
USD Capacity Utilization Rate and Industrial Production 11:15pm
ASX200 INTRADAY LEVELS TO WATCH –