- SPI200 futures closed up 7 pts to 5369
- SP500 futures closed down 3.50 pts to 2180.75
- FTSE100 futures closed down 8.50 pts to 6774
- DAX30 futures closed down 7 pts to 10674
- GOLD finished down $8.20 to $1208.70 an ounce
- OIL finished up $0.27 to $45.69 a barrel
- CRB Index finished up 0.70 pts to 184.19
- AUDUSD trading at 0.7329
The US and Europe finished the week on a slightly lower note in Friday nights session. Oil pushed higher even though the USD continued to find strength and remained focused on the end of month OPEC meeting and potential production caps for output. In latest news OPEC is prepared to offer Iran flexibility on production volumes, sources said. Iran has been the main stumbling block for a production cap and while it has not yet responded to the proposal, a consensus is nearer. Gold continued lower as USD rallied on the back of US rate hike possibilities. The ASX is expected to open flat on a lack of direction from overseas markets but may find some intraday strength.
Economic data out today (Syd Time) – EUR ECB President Draghi Speaks 3am.
ASX Intraday Levels to Watch