- SPI200 futures closed down 36 pts to 5226
- SP500 futures closed down 16.25 pts to 2103.75
- FTSE100 futures closed down 54 pts to 6875
- DAX30 futures closed down 179.50 pts to 10497.50
- GOLD finished up $16 to $1289.10 an ounce
- OIL finished down $0.53 to $46.33 a barrel
- CRB Index finished down 0.47 pts to 186.84
- AUDUSD trading at 0.7651
Equity markets were hit overnight on a broad based selloff. The downturn was fueled by rising political uncertainty as a joint poll by ABC News and Washington Post showed Trump in the lead over Clinton. Further losses in crude oil also put pressure on shares along with volatility in the Treasury Bond markets. Mixed US economic data halted a retreat in bonds as ISM manufacturing data signaled continued expansion while construction spending fell 0.4% after declining 0.5% the previous month.
Economic data out today (Syd Time) – AUD Building Approvals 11:30am, NZD Inflation Expectations 1pm, EUR German Unemployment Change and Manufacturing PMI data 7:55pm, GBP Construction PMI 8:30pm, USD Non-farm Employment Change 11:15pm, USD Crude Oil Inventories 1:30am, USD FOMC Statement and Fed Funds Rate 5am.
ASX Intraday Levels to Watch