- SPI200 futures closed up 13 pts to 5510
- SP500 futures closed up 5.25 pts to 2206
- FTSE100 futures closed up 15.50 pts to 6824
- DAX30 futures closed up 20 pts to 10687.50
- GOLD finished down $5.70 to $1183.60 an ounce
- OIL finished up $0.02 to $47.98 a barrel
- CRB Index finished up 0.13 pts to 188.78
- AUDUSD trading at 0.7408
US closed for Thanksgiving so it is all down to Europe for some direction which saw a slightly positive session finishing higher. Investors still focused on expectations for a US Interest rate hike next month and the USD which initially found further strength overnight on lighter volume then eased off into European session close. Oil prices edged up ahead of OPEC meeting to discuss output cuts. US bond yields have been strong on US rates outlook in contrast to European bonds which have not done so well as they are unlikely to follow suit for a few years. The ASX200 is expected to open slightly higher for a relatively quiet session ahead of the weekend.
Economic data out today (Syd Time) – JPY CPI data 10:30am, GBP GDP data 8:30pm, USD Goods Trade Balance and Wholesale Inventories 12:30am.
ASX Intraday Levels to Watch