- SPI200 futures closed flat at 5514
- SP500 futures closed up 10.50 pts to 2211.25
- FTSE100 futures closed up 13 pts to 6837
- DAX30 futures closed up 3.50 pts to 10691
- GOLD finished down $11.40 to 1181.00 an ounce
- OIL finished down $1.90 to $46.06 a barrel
- CRB Index finished down 1.97 pts to 186.81
- AUDUSD trading at 0.7451
The US drifted higher in Fridays trading to finish the week on a positive note but on light volume for the day after the Thanksgiving holiday. The ASX200 is expected to open flat after futures closed flat for the session at a 6 pt premium. Oil was down after Saudi said OPEC needs to agree on cuts and solve internal disputes prior to discussions with non-OPEC producers. The USD sold off against a basket of currencies as traders took advantage of a minor pullback in US bond yields to lock in some gains. Expectations for higher inflation and interest rate hikes are driving the USD up and expected to continue.
Economic data out today (AEDT Time) – EUR Money Supply data 8pm, EUR ECB President Draghi Speaks 1am.
ASX Intraday Levels to Watch