MARKET SNAPSHOT –
- SPI200 futures closed up 16 pts to 5864
- SP500 Index closed up 7.25pts to 2353.75
- FTSE100 futures closed down 19.50 pts to 7245.50
- DAX30 futures closed up 23 pts to 12263
- GOLD finished up $5.10 to $1253.60 an ounce
- COPPER finished down $2.15 to $265.85 a pound
- OIL finished up $0.59 to $51.74 a barrel
- CRB Index finished up 0.64 pts to 188.27
- AUDUSD trading at 0.7543
- EURUSD trading at 1.0643
- GBPUSD trading at 1.2471
- USDJPY trading at 110.8300
US Markets close the session in the green posting modest gains as traders gear up for the US Non-Farm Payrolls tonight. Markets closed off their highs as traders were nervous over upcoming talks between the US Commander and Chief Trump and Chinas President Xi Jinping. The leaders of the worlds two biggest economies are making traders uncomfortable as they await news on China-US trade relations and also reigning in North Koreas arms program.
Europe was again mixed as London edged lower with German Dax index pushing higher as they look to Trade Balance data tonight.
The USD was up slightly as traders locked in ahead of the US employment data and Trumps meeting with the Chinese President. The Pound was contained over uncertainty from Brexit negotiations which are outweighing good economic data flow.
The ASX200 is expected to open higher after a weak session yesterday was reversed in overnight trade.
ECONOMIC DATA OUT TODAY (AEDT) –
EUR German Industrial Production and Trade Balance 4pm
GBP Halifax HPI 5:30pm
GBP Manufacturing Production and Goods Trade Balance 6:30pm
GBP BOE Gov Carney Speaks 7pm
USD Average Hourly Earnings, Non-Farm Payrolls and Unemployment Rate 10:30pm
USD FOMC Member Dudley Speaks 2:15pm
ASX200 INTRADAY LEVELS TO WATCH –